Hi, my name is Kelly.
In 2012, I started my food blog A Girl Worth Saving and I’m not going to lie.
My photos were UGLY.
Like, beat it with a sticky UGLY.
I’m not joking – take a look. I took this photo in March 2012
Not pretty, right?
But the thing is, I felt so much joy making this recipe and taking photos.
I loved the comments that people left.
I loved being a food blogger but . . . I knew that – point blank –
my photos were hurting my reach and my income.
I decided to get serious.
I bought a cheap DSLR, Lightroom and the book Plate to Pixel
and read it from cover to cover.
I absorbed it like a sponge.
and just 4 months later I took this photo
I knew I had it down 🙏 and it was working!
My traffic was up.
I was getting better paying brand projects and I even got invited to speak at a WordPress Conference (Say What??).
Also, I got the Holy Grail of Food Blogging – I had a publisher reach out to me to create my own
cookbook (see Paleo Eats on Amazon).
The thing is – I wasn’t taking photos like everyone else does.
My process was totally different (I’m a mom and my family is literally waiting for me to
eat the dishes I prepare! It teaches you to get photos done quick)
I spend like 20 minutes tops taking photos and I barely pay attention to F stop and Aperture.
The lights I use during low light situations are, lol, laughable – but they work!
I saw bloggers screaming about having terrible photos and
how they spend hours doing shoots and I thought, what am I do right?
Then I got it
and I knew I had to share it with others because not everyone can afford to
hire a pro-photographer but everyone wishes they could learn how to take better photos.
So I decided to launch the Food Photo Bites Workshop.
It’s an online course that helps you take your skills up a notch with my help!
Who’s this for:
- Anyone with a DSLR who are struggling to make their photos look professional
- Anyone that wants group and one-on-one help improving their photos
- Turtles – just kidding, lol.
What you will learn in this 6 week Online course
- Lighting Tips so you avoid those dark, hard to see dishes that make your food look boring and bland.
- Composition and Style Tips so your food pops and has energy! Also, how you can use cheap items around your house in your kit.
- Props and Set Up so you don’t spend hours doing photo shoots.
- Tips and Tricks to make your recipes look perfect (cough, hide a mistake)
- Editing in Lightroom so your photos look extra perfect,
You’ll also get:
- A private community where you can share your work and get helpful critiques on how to improve
- 6 – one hour long live classes where I will go over lighting, styling and more to help you shoot better photos.
From experience I know photography classes can run into the thousands (especially when you include travel). The investment for this course would normally be $499 but because this is the beta launch of this class so the cost is only $199.
The live round starts on August 20th so snag this deal before it’s gone!